It’s not even November 1st and I busted out the pumpkin puree. These are awesome and the kiddos loved em.
Dairy Free Baked Pumpkin Donuts With Maple Cinnamon Glaze
For the Donuts
- 2 cups flour (I used bread flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cups light brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4 tsp dairy free butter, melted / cooled (I use Earth Balance)
For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond milk (or however much you need)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray your donut pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, eggs, almond milk, and butter. Make sure you get all the brown sugar clumps broken up.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and, using a spatula, mix just until incorporated - don't over mix.
- Spoon the batter into your donut tray. You could also use a piping bag or do it like me and cut a slit in a corner of a Ziploc...
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. I usually put tin foil under wire rack as it makes it much quicker to clean up.
- While the donuts are cooling, whisk the glaze ingredients together until it's the right consistency. Add a little more almond milk if it's too thick.
- Dip the tops of your donuts into the glaze (I submerge about 1/2 way). Don't worry about the excess, you want that goodness so it will run down the sides of your donuts when you move it back to the wire rack.
- Once the glaze hardens I do one more pass with the left over glaze. Using a small spoon I dribble lines across the tops of the donuts.
- Eat 'em while they're hot!