Busted these out for the 1st day of school and they were WELL received. It also had to do with the fact that I had 3 bananas that were well beyond viable. I didn’t put any nuts in as I know my kids won’t eat it if I do, but you could throw in 2 tbsp walnuts at the end before you bake for some extra crunchiness.
Hope you enjoy!
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or buttermilk/regular milk if you don't care about the dairy-free thing)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (vegan chocolate chips if you REALLY want to go non-dairy)
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Spray a 12-muffin tin pan with cooking spray (I didn't use liners).
- Grab a large bowl and mash your bananas with a fork.
- Add in the egg, almond milk, sugar and brown sugar and mix it all in.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to your banana/egg/sugar mixture and get it all incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips (and nuts if you're using).
- Scoop out equal parts into your muffin tin. I used a large ice cream scooper and it worked out perfectly to fill the 12 spaces.
- Bake for 30 minutes (depending on oven). I actually did 28 minutes in my convection oven and they were perfect. Insert a toothpick to make sure center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven to cool. Once able, transfer to wire rack to finish cooling or just serve with some butter for extra awesomeness!