Servings: 4 people
- 4 chicken breast (skinless)
- 1 onion (small, quartered)
- 1 garlic clove (large, minced)
- 1 tbs butter or margerine
- 2 cups mushrooms (sliced, fresh)
- 1 lb spinach (fresh, rinsed, stems removed)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine chicken breasts and onion with water to cover. Cover and poach chicken over medium-low heat until white throughout (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, melt margarine in a frying pan. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Arrange fresh spinach evenly in an 8-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle with nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Arrange chicken in a single layer over fresh spinach. Top with mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted.