So you want to open an online store? Great! Just get your web-guy cousin to hook you up with one…there’s just a few things you have to get figured out first:
- What store software will you use?
- How will you host the store?
- Will your site have an SSL Certificate installed so you can accept credit cards?
- How easy will it be to update your store or will you have to wait for your cousin to get to it?
- How will your store get found online?
- What features do you want and will all those features be covered by the software you have now installed? What about in 2 months when a new “big thing” is happening on shopping carts around the world, how will you adapt
The list could go on and on. Honestly, it’s more daunting than you think to host your own store. Luckily, the folks at www.bigcommerce.com have come through huge with a complete e-commerce solution to have you up and running in minutes!
Big Commerce is a turn-key solution for an online store. The beauty is that they (can) host the entire thing – including all the SSL certificates needed. You could have something like store.yourdomain.com and direct it to your instance of Big Commerce for a seamless transition. With a loaded set of design templates to get you started, customizing your store is a breeze.
There are a TON of features built right into the product, but a few highlights:
- The product was built with SEO in mind so the options are endless and the value is high
- Mobile-ready commerce
- Email marketing integration standard
- Social media marketing standard
- Tons of marketing and promotion options
- Full CMS integration
- Returns process handled for you
You can see for yourself, but if you’re looking for an amazing value (prices starting at $24.95/month!), you can’t go wrong. Give it a whirl and try it out! You’ll thank me, I promise.